In keeping with our policy of customers first, and our obligations under the DDA (Disability Discrimination Act), we will ensure that our website is accessible to people who have visual, hearing, motor or cognitive impairments.
Making our website accessible is a core aim of Tree of Hearts and we will try and ensure that it is usable with a broad range of operating systems, browsers, and specialist assistive technologies.
As a standard, we employ all the following methods to ensure our site is accessible to as many people as possible:
• All pictures have an alternative text description
• We are committed to Plain English in all our written content
• Our site has been designed without the use of tables except where we need to represent normally tabulated content i.e timetables
• The website can be navigated without the use of a mouse
• A non-serif font is used for easier readability
• We do not use all-capitals for emphasis
• We use a hierarchy of heading markups i.e an <h1> tag for main headings, <h2> for secondary headings etc which makes it easier for screen readers to work out the stucture of a page
• Our site can be viewed in a logical order when all styling is turned off